Terms & Conditions
The Business: Lyn McKenzie Make Up
The Agreement: The contract that exists between the client and Lyn McKenzie Make Up for the agreed fee.
The Fee: The amount payable by the client to the business for the services listed above.
The Event: Relates in principal to the date whereby the booked event (wedding date) takes place.
The Party: Additional members of the booking/bridal party
Business Address: Lyn McKenzie Makeup, 61 Shiel Hall Crescent, Rosewell, EH24 9DD
Securing the booking of the event
- The booking of the wedding date is only reserved once the client has paid the quoted non-refundable deposit fee. ‘Arranging’ a trial (via email messages or verbally) does not reserve the business’s services for the Event.
- The full & final balance is due no later than 2 weeks before the Event itself. Late payments are subject to a late payment fee of £5 per day overdue.
- *Trial payments can be made in cash at the trial or by bank transfer beforehand.
- *Deposit and final balance for wedding days must be paid by bank transfer. The full balance fee is to be paid in full by the client two weeks (14 days) before the Event.
- *Failure to pay the deposit fee within one week of requesting the booking will result in the Event date being released.
* All payments are non-refundable.
Responsibility of the client
- The client shall inform the makeup artist/hair stylist of any issues that may affect the use of any equipment or products. This includes but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions. The makeup artist cannot be held liable for any losses that are incurred due to the Client’s failure to inform them of any known or unknown condition.
- The purpose of the trial includes but is not limited to, the testing of different brands of cosmetics to see if the Client has any reaction to any of the products. It is the responsibility of the Client to inform the makeup artist/hair stylist of any subsequent reactions to any products used.
- The makeup artist/hair stylist reserves the right to refuse service to the client or members of the party for, but not limited to, abusive and threatening behaviour. If the makeup artist suspects the products to be unsuitable for a specific skin condition, based on information given by the Client, they may refuse to use a specific product or refuse to continue the service.
- The client can cancel the Event at any point in writing.
- The business will be under no obligation to refund any money paid up until the point of cancellation. In the case of cancellations more than 2 months prior to the event, the client will not be liable for any further payments. Cancellations less than 2 months to the event will be liable to pay a £100 late cancellation fee to the business.
- In the highly unlikely scenario of your make up artist/hair stylist being unable to attend your Event (due to unforeseen circumstances such as bereavement, serious illness, severe weather conditions making travel too dangerous) I will in the first instance, try to offer you an alternative artist/stylist from a selection I work with on a regular basis, and provide them with all the notes and photos taken at the trial to ensure you receive the same technical styling. Only where no other suitable alternative can be given, a full refund of the final invoiced amount including deposit but not including any payments for trials will be given to the client. No further compensation will be offered.
The client agrees that the business may use any photography for publicity purposes which include but are not limited to the makeup artists website and social media pages.
- The business covers up to the first 10 miles of any journey. Any mileage over the first 10 miles is charged at 50p per mile.
IMPORTANT: By financially securing your deposit you accept these terms of the contract.
Fashion and Editorial Work
- All use of images in social media and publications, where possible Hair &/or Makeup must be credited to ‘Lyn McKenzie Make Up’
To secure your wedding or event date, a non-refundable deposit of £40 is payable to book EITHER Hair or Makeup. To book both services, a non-refundable deposit of £80 is payable made up of £40 for hair and £40 for makeup. Should one service be cancelled, the corresponding deposit will be retained by Lyn McKenzie Makeup and the deposit for the service still proceeding will be deducted off of the final invoice.